Exercise and diabetes
Physical activity can help you to feel better both physically and mentally.
There are many benefits of staying active:
- Prevent health problems
- Increase your energy level
- Keep your weight down
- Make your insulin work better to lower blood sugar and give you more energy
- Relieve stress and feel more positive
- Feel better about the way you look
- Improve your blood circulation
- Strengthen your bones and tone your muscles
- Lower your risk for heart disease and stroke
If you can exercise for 30 minutes every day, you'll feel a difference. Diabetes experts recommend starting slowly and building up to a total of at least 150 minutes of aerobic activity split up over at least 3 days each week.