Questions and Answers
- What are the benefits of NovoPen® 4?
- Improved safety
- Dose scale is easier to read and 3 times larger*
- Injection force has been decreased by 50%*
- Shorter push button*
- Each injection ends with a ‘click’ for your convenience
- You are able to correct a dose setting without losing insulin by simply dialing back
- The cartridge holder can be twisted off in one quick ¼ turn motion
- The piston rod is returned by simply pushing it back until it stops and locks into place
- How many colours is NovoPen® 4 available in?
- 2 colours – Silver and Blue
- What should I do if no insulin appears at the needle tip when I check the insulin flow (prime)?
- The needle may be blocked. Screw on a new needle and check the insulin flow (prime) until insulin appears at the needle tip.
- What should I do if I want to change the selected dose before injection?
- Turn the dose button in the desired direction until the number of units you need lines up with the dose indicator.
- What should I do if I turn the dose button, but my NovoPen® 4 does not release any insulin?
- This is normal. Always press the dose button to inject the insulin. Turning the dose button will not inject insulin.
- What should I do if, when selecting a dose, the dose button will not turn at all?
- There are two possible reasons for this:
- You have not pulled out the dose button before turning it. If this is the case, pull out the dose button, and then turn it to select the required number of units. The dose button will lock itself at the end of each injection.
- The Penfill® cartridge may be empty. If this is the case, insert a new cartridge, and check the insulin flow (prime). Select the required number of units, and inject.
- What should I do if, when selecting a dose, the dose button stops before I have selected the required number of units?
- Either you are trying to select more units of insulin than are left in the cartridge, or you are trying to select a dose larger than 60 units.
- If you need more than the number of units left in the cartridge, insert a new Penfill®.
- If you need more than 60 units, you must divide your dose into two injections.
Do not force the dose button to turn. If the problem is not related to the reasons described above, your NovoPen® 4 might be faulty. Do not use it. Contact your supplier.
* Compared to NovoPen® 3
APROM ID# 5617. October 2013.